SynCat@Beijing has a brandnew building with four floors. It offers about 1500m2 of lab space and about 1500m2 of space for offices and meeting rooms.
SynCat@Beijing has new equipment for studying catalysts and materials.
There are large instruments such as
– A near ambient pressure in-situ XPS combined with a near-ambient pressure SPM (NAP-XPS/SPM) from SPECS Surface Nano Analysis
– An STM system in combination with LEED and fast XPS from Omicron
– A RAIRS setup in combination with fast XPS and AES/ LEED from Omicron
– An XPS K-alpha system for routine measurements
– A FEI Thalos system for transmission electron microscopy
Apart from that, equipment is available for
– inorganic and organic synthesis
– photocatalysis and electrochemistry
– material characterization
– various spectroscopies
– catalytic testing