SynCat Postdoctoral Fellowships (5 positions)
SynCat@Beijing, the laboratory for fundamental research of Synfuels China Technology Co. Ltd, located in the rapidly developing science ecosystem of Beijing-Huairou, announces the availability of postdoc positions in the fields of
• surface science and fundamentals of catalysis,
• surface and materials science,
• high-resolution transmission electron microscopy.
The website www.syncatbeijing.com gives further information on existing research programs and on available infrastructure.
What we offer:
• postdoctoral fellowship for 3 years; possibility for 2 more years; evaluation after each year;
• salary between 450.000 – 550.000 RMB per year (depending on experience);
• free housing in furnished company apartments (approx. 10 min walk from the laboratory; service/utility costs not included);
• non-Chinese nationals receive an international health insurance package.
• international experience during or after the PhD degree;
• experience in UHV surface science or in high-resolution electron microscopy;
• ability to work independently and take full responsibility for own projects, and to create synergy in collaboration with colleagues;
• publication(s) as a first author and /or most responsible author in the international literature;
• excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
How to apply:
• candidates submit an application letter (1 page maximum) along with their complete CV, plus a brief research proposal (2 pages maximum) on a topic that fits in the research philosophy of SynCat@Beijing as explained on the website. This proposal explains why the research is important, and what it would add to existing knowledge, if successful.
• submission of applications exclusively by email to email@example.com; applicants can expect to receive a first response whether their application will be taken into consideration by Synfuels China Technology within one week after submission.